Event in which you compete: Show Jumping
Hometown: Cazenovia, NY, USA
Number of years riding: My parents had horses, and have I have ridden since I was three. More than forty years.
Career accomplishments to date:
- •Individual Bronze medalist in the 2008 Olympic Games and also a member of the Gold medal-winning U.S. team.
- •In 2006, Madden won both team and individual silver medals at the World Equestrian Games aboard the nearly flawless Authentic.
- •She was a member of the Gold Medal team at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens and part of the 2003 Gold Medal Pan American Games team.
- •Madden has 14 wins to her name in Nations Cup competitions.
- •Other notable finishes include the Million Dollar CN International at Spruce Meadows in Canada aboard Iron Springs Farm’s Judgement in 2005.
- •In 2007 won the Grand Prix of Aachen.
How you got started in your event: My parents had horses and I began riding at the Milwaukee Hunt Club.
Favorite Ariat product (by name): Monaco Field Boots.
Proudest career moment: The World Championships in Aachen 2006. Authentic and I jumped three clean rounds to help the team win a silver medal, and then we won an individual silver (had only the last fence down, but fastest time) in a jump-off for gold.
Tell us about your first horse: I was three when I was given a pony, Flicka (very small gray pony) for Christmas. My parents, Joe and Kathy Patton, owned a horse farm near Milwaukee. My brother and I grew up riding horses.
You ride because: I love riding and love horses.
If you weren’t a professional rider, you would be a: I have no idea!
Favorite mentor or idol growing up: Katie Prudent, Michael Matz, George Morris and John Madden to name a few.
Favorite place to travel: Cazenovia, NY
Favorite way to unwind outside the barn: Watch movies, catch-up on organizational stuff, or skiing if there is time.
Good luck charm: Whichever horse is going best at the moment.