Name and event in which you compete: Bullriding
Hometown: Bloomfield, New Mexico
Number of years riding: 20 Years
Career accomplishments to date:
- 2003: Kody Lostroh and I split 2/3 at High-School National Finals
- 2005: Competed at my second HSNFR and PBR in Amarillo
- 2006: Qualified for my first BFT Event in Columbus, OH
- 2006: Qualified for the PBR Finals as an alternate
- 2009: Finished 7th in the PBR World Standings
- 2009: Won my first PBR event, in Birmingham, Alabama
- 2011: 3rd year in a row, finishing in the top 10 in the world
How you got started in your event: Following Dad’s footsteps!
Length of time you’ve been sponsored by Ariat: 1 year
Proudest Career Moment: When I made the winning ride at World Cup ’09
Tell us about your first bull ride: I was at Bernalillo, New Mexico, and the novice bulls weren’t good enough “I thought,” so I entered the open division and drew one of the biggest bulls I’ve been on to this day!
You ride because: I love it, and wanna be the best!
If you weren’t a professional bull rider, you would be a: welder
Favorite mentor or idol growing up: Tuff Hedeman
Favorite place to travel: Columbus, Ohio
Name one fun fact that people don’t know about you: I ran up and down a pipeline when I started in the PBR!
Favorite way to unwind outside of bull riding: Favorite way to unwind during the week is by going and calling coyotes and going to the batting cages!
Good luck charm: My bible.