Athlete Bio Questions – for Ariat.com
1. Name and event in which you compete: JB Mauney, Bullriding
2. Hometown: Mooresville, NC
3. Number of years riding: 23 Years since I started, 8 Years in the PBR
4. Career accomplishments to date: 2006 PBR Rookie of the Year, 2009 PBR World Finals Champion, see PBR website for more..
5. How you got started in your event: Started riding sheep when I was 3 and kept moving up. I did other events in High School Rodeo: bareback, roped calves, team roping, and steer wrestling. I liked bull riding the best.
6. Length of time you’ve been sponsored by Ariat: 2 months
7. Favorite Ariat products (by name): Tek Fleece hoodie and pullover, all the jean, and boots, but my most favorite are the socks: Slim line.
8. Proudest career moment: when I won the 2009 world finals, I am the only bull rider to ever ride all 8 bulls at the world finals.
9. Tell us about your first bull ride: I was 13 years old it didn’t last very long I was jerked down about the 4th jump hit in the face, hung up, and drug for awhile. It didn’t start as planned.
10. You ride because: I ride because I love it. I always say if you ever tryit , it will get in your blood. It’s not bad that I can make a living doing it.
11. If you weren’t a professional bull rider, you would be a: Still rodeo: rope or steer wrestle.
12. Favorite mentor or idol growing up: Lane Frost and Jerome Davis
13. Favorite place to travel: Las Vegas
14. Name one fun fact that people don’t know about you: I like to read.
15. Favorite way to unwind outside of bull riding: Hanging out with my wife and daughter, riding horses, working cows, and just hanging out at home.
16. Good luck charm: my wife Lexi.