ARIAT INTERNATIONAL, INC.
IDEA SUBMISSION POLICY AGREEMENT
Ariat International Inc. (Ariat International), maker of Ariat ® brand footwear, apparel, and accessories, is always interested in improving its products and learning about innovative new products. Accordingly, Ariat International is willing to review ideas from outside sources. However, Ariat International must take certain precautions before agreeing to review idea submissions from outside sources. For example, an idea submitted from one outside source may have been submitted previously by another outside source. Furthermore, Ariat International is fortunate to have a talented design team with years of design experience, and Ariat International annually devotes substantial resources to its design and development efforts. To avoid confusion or misunderstanding about the source of ideas for new products or about the terms by which Ariat International agrees to review idea submissions from outside sources, Ariat International will only review ideas from outside sources under the following conditions. As used in this agreement, the term "idea," is intended to broadly represent any information that is submitted to Ariat International, regardless of the medium in which it is submitted by Submitter to Ariat International. The term "idea," shall include, but not be limited to, recommendations, designs, products, specifications, prototypes, models, drawings, inventions, promotions, trademarks, slogans, advertisements, methods, processes, materials, improvements, and/or modifications to existing products, concepts, and ideas for improvements.
- Ariat International urges Submitter to take all steps necessary to protect Submitter's idea. Before submitting the idea to Ariat International, Submitter should consult an attorney and, if appropriate, file a patent application for the idea.
- By signing this Agreement and submitting an idea to Ariat International, Submitter represents that Submitter is the owner and/or originator of the idea and that Submitter has not entered into any agreement or other relationship or understanding that restricts Submitter's right to submit the idea to Ariat International.
- All submissions to Ariat International need to be in writing and should include all aspects of the idea, including any sketches, drawings, and photographs necessary for Ariat International to understand and evaluate the idea. If Submitter has filed a patent application covering the idea, Submitter agrees that the submission will include a copy of the patent application. If Submitter has obtained a patent for the idea, Submitter agrees that the submission will include a copy of the patent. IF Submitter is aware of any other patents or patent applications that disclose, protect, cover, or are otherwise related to, the idea, Submitter agrees to identify those patents or patent applications to Ariat International when submitting the idea.
- Ariat International must keep a complete record of all submissions for its records/. Therefore, Submitter should understand that any material submitted to Ariat International cannot be returned. In view of this, Submitter should keep an identical copy of the submitted materials so that Submitter and Ariat International both have copies for their records.
- Submitter agrees that Ariat International has no obligation to keep the idea or any portion of the submitted idea or materials secret or confidential, and Submitter acknowledges that no confidential relationship exists or is established through Ariat International's acceptance and review of Submitter's idea. Ariat International may make copies of the submitted materials as necessary for its evaluation and review of Submitter's idea.
- Ariat International makes no promise of compensation to Submitter, and no agreement to compensate Submitter shall be implied by Ariat International's consideration and review of Submitter's idea.
- By submitting the idea to Ariat International, Submitter does not give Ariat International any rights to Submitter's patents or patent applications, if any, that cover the idea. However, in consideration for Ariat International's agreement to review Submitter's idea, and in recognition of the fact that the ideas contained in Submitter's submitted materials may already by known to Ariat International, such as from its own personnel or records, from public information, or from another source that is free to submit the idea(s) to Ariat International, Submitter agrees to rely solely upon Submitter's rights under the Patent Laws of the United States. As such, Submitter hereby releases Ariat International, its directors, shareholders, officers, employees, agents, affiliates, and parent and subsidiary companies from any liability in connection with the idea or Ariat International's use of any portion of the idea, except for any liability that may arise under the Patent Laws of the United States.
- Submitter agrees that the provisions of this Agreement also apply to any other information Submitter discloses to Ariat International, regardless of the date of that submission.
- No amendments or deviations from the above conditions may be made, except by a separate express written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Ariat International.
As the undersigned Submitter, I have read and fully understand the above conditions, and I accept and agree to them in consideration of Ariat International's agreement to review and evaluate my idea
Signed:________________ Street Address:_____________
Representing:__________ Phone/fax: _________________