Ariat was founded with the simple objective: To create the most advanced performance footwear and apparel for the world's top equestrian athletes. We're driven by world class design, innovation and technology - all focused on delivering the highest-quality, authentic Western and English footwear and apparel.
Our commitment to excellence and innovation extends beyond our products to the global community of people who have dedicated their lives to horses and the equestrian lifestyle. Today, Ariat is the leading performance equestrian brand in the world and provides the foundation upon which world-class athletes work, ride and compete.
In 1993, co-founders Beth Cross and Pam Parker set out to create a new company that would revolutionize footwear for riders. They understood that traditional riding boots were stiff, heavy and hard on the feet. So they assembled a group of top footwear engineers and designers, and set out to create the world's most technically-innovative performance riding boots for both English and Western riders.
Today, Ariat is America's number one English and Western performance footwear brand. Here are some of the milestones from our journey:
- Revolutionized the riding boot category by bringing athletic shoe technology to riding boots
- Developed prototypes of riding boots enhanced with performance features and tested them with professional riders across the country
- Launched the brand with the first two riding boots for women with advanced technology: Performer (English) and Competitor (Western)
- Introduced our next-generation Advanced Torque Stability (ATS) Technology, and established the brand as a performance and comfort leader in equestrian footwear
- Introduced Hexcel cushioning technology, providing advanced cushioning to top equestrian athletes for shock absorption while in the stirrup and on the ground
- Entered the Work category with the Ariat Cascade
- Expanded to the Australian, UK and other European markets
- Launched the Fatbaby, a fashionable new look in women's Western fashion boots
- Formed the Ariat Pro team of Western athletes with Shawn McMullan, Fred Whitfield, Joe Lucas, Marty Becker, Cody Ohl, Jerry Norton, Brent Gluck, Mike Smith, Matt Tyler, Dee Pickett, Tommy Guy, Terry Don West, Bobby Hurley, Jake Barnes, Clay O'Brien Cooper and Myron Duarte
- Began sponsoring the National High School Rodeo Association (NHSRA) as their Official Footwear and Belts supplier
- Introduced Cobalt Technology, offering an entirely new level of advanced cushioning, support and stability in footwear
- Launched performance English apparel (breeches and technical shirts) with V3 and CFS technologies for a terrific fit and feel
- Began offering premium leather belts, many of which include Grip Strip Technology to prevent side-to-side movement
- Entered the Western apparel category with performance woven shirts, tops and outerwear for men and women
- Began sponsoring the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) as their Official Apparel Supplier
- Watched Ariat athletes win big at the Olympics: Beezie Madden with team gold and individual bronze medals for show jumping, Will Simpson with a team gold for show jumping, and Gina Miles with a silver medal in three-day eventing
- Marked the latest breakthrough in equestrian footwear technology with Cobalt XR and Cobalt Quantum, combining optimal stability, cushioning and flexion to support the foot's natural motion
- Teamed up with Professional Bull Riders, Inc. as the "Official Boot" of the PBR
- Launched Ariat Denim, a natural progression of the company's commitment to quality, performance and style
- Introduced Dual Pro Outsole Technology for Western performance riders, which combines the performance of leather with the durability and security of rubber.
- Sponsored the 2010 World Equestrian Games in Lexington, Kentucky, outfitting all volunteers on-grounds, Team USA and NBC Sports anchors
- Launched new website in Fall, 2010
- Expanded presence in Europe through the formation of a new subsidiary: Ariat Europe. Continued expansion in Australia
- Introduced the revolutionary Volant collection, a line of premium women’s English tall boots, paddock boots and half chaps with exceptional technology for peak performance and comfort.
- Exceeded 100,000 Facebook fans in early 2012
- Expanded PBR roster of sponsored athletes including: Chris Shivers, Adriano Moraes and Cord McCoy, among others
- Becoming a favorite on the country music scene. Ariat denim and/or boots spotted on: Josh Turner, Blake Shelton, Lyle Lovett and others
- Still to come in 2012:
- Mobile platform launching Summer, 2012
- Official USEF Partner for Team USA at the London 2012 Olympic Games
- New lifestyle collection of equestrian-inspired boots, Fall, 2012